The Center of Hearing and Speech MEDINCUS is located on the second floor of the MEDINCUS Group building in Kajetany in Mokra 7 Str. The facility is fully adapted to admit physically disabled patients.
Our patients have at their disposal:
- doctors’ rooms
- fully and profesionally equipped hearing aid fitting rooms
- audiometric test rooms
- inhalation room
The Center is equipped with:
- modern ENT treatment units with a video otoscope, fiberscope, endoscope, diagnostics microscope and computerized system recording images and sounds,
- videostroboscope with software for digital recording and archiving of medical images in the patient database,
- two audiometric cabins and other devices for hearing assessment, including objective measurements,
- hearing screening devices for newborns and infants,
- VNG and ENG system for balance disorders diagnostics with water and air calorimeters,
- sets for diagnostics (The Senses Examination Platform) and rehabilitation of auditory processing disorders (APD) – the Polymodal Sensory Perception Stimulator by Skarżyński’s method (SPPS-S),
- fully and professionally equipped hearing and fitting rooms,
- telefitting and telemedicine room – cochlear implants and hearing aids fitting and telefitting.
We provide comprehensive diagnostic, therapeutic and rehabilitation services including ear, nose, throat and larynx disorders in children and adults.
We perform detailed videoendoscopic examinations of ears, nose, sinuses and larynx.
The doctor’s room is equipped with modern diagnostic equipment and various therapeutic measures.
We conduct comprehensive diagnostics before surgical procedures and provide postoperative care.
Our offer also includes treatment of upper respiratory tract diseases, blocked eustachian tubes and ear diseases with the help of inhalations (AMSA).
- diagnostics and treatment of ENT diseases in adults and children,
- full diagnostics of the organ of hearing in adults and children – subjective and objective hearing tests,
- ear, nose, nasopharynx and larynx endoscopy (videolaryngoscopy, nasofiberoscopy, videostroboscopy),
- hearing loss diagnostics and treatment in children and adults,
- tinnitus diagnostics and treatment,
- qualification before surgeries of ears, nose, sinuses, larynx and tonsils diseases,
- monitoring of patients after otosurgery, rhinosurgery, tonsillectomy, adenoidectomy and larynx surgery,
- physiotherapy in upper respiratory tract diseases, ear and larynx diseases,
- comprehensive diagnostics and program of hearing implant surgeries: cochlear, middle ear and bone conduction implantations.
Posiadamy kontrakt z NFZ na realizację świadczeń w zakresie otolaryngologii.
We offer selection, sale and fitting of hearing aids from renowned manufacturers, as well as prosthetic care throughout the lifespan of the hearing aid.
Our goal is to provide people with hearing problems the possibility of comprehensive care: from medical consultation through appropriate diagnostic tests, to the selection of a hearing aid that best meets the patient’s expectations.Our hearing care professionals offer patients solutions tailored to their hearing loss (air or bone conduction hearing aids), individual needs, lifestyle and financial possibilities.
We also recommend various hearing aid accessories such as FM systems, broadband noise generators, speech processor accessories (batteries, clips for speech processors and hearing aids), earplugs, and waterproof earbuds.
Our specialists always focus on professionalism in the field of audioprothetics and are guided by the latest scientific and technical achievements in the field of hearing aids.
Diagnostics of the organ of hearing
We perform diagnostics of the hearing organ in patients of all ages – in children (including infants), adults and the elderly.
We diagnose ear diseases (inflammatory and non-inflammatory, congenital defects), hearing disorders (hearing loss, tinnitus, auditory hypersensitivity, central auditory processing disorders) and balance disorders.
- pure tone audiometry,
- free field pure tone audiometry,
- speech audiometry,
- free field speech audiometry,
- impedance audiometry: tympanometry+stapedial reflexes,
- otoacoustic emission – TEOAE, DPOAE,
- auditory brainstem response test (ABR/BERA) – ABR thresholds (day and evening tests), ABR latency,
- screening tests in infants,
- tinnitus diagnostics – tinnitus characteristics, MML,
- eustachian tube function – TDT,
- SISI test,
- frequency pattern test (FPT), duration pattern test (DPT), dichotic digit test (DDT).
- video otoscopy and microscopy,
Diagnostics of speech organ:
We provide diagnostics of voice and speech disorders in various pathological conditions of the nose, throat and larynx (inflammatory and non-inflammatory) and of peripheral or central basis (speech delay, speech disorders, aphasia in adults and dysphasia in children, dysarthria).
After complete diagnostics, we qualify each patient for the appropriate method of treatment – conservative, surgical (middle ear surgeries, hearing implant surgeries, rhino or laryngeal surgeries), hearing aids fitting, physiotherapy, hearing, speech or balance rehabilitation.
We specialize in diagnostics and treatment of vertigo. Thanks to the modern highly specialized equipment and qualified staff we can perform thorough diagnostics and treatment of our patients.
We have a modern system for performing VNG and ENG tests
- VNG – videonystagmography
- ENG – electronystagmography
We also have two types of calorimeters (air and water) which allow to perform diagnostics of the balance system and tests using calorimeter in people with middle ear diseases.
- vHIT – video Head Impulse Test
- cVEMP and oVEMP – vestibular evoked myogenic potential tests
These tests are helpful in diagnosing Meniere’s disease, mild positional vertigo, vestibular neuronitis, damage of otolith organs (the utricle and saccule), labyrinthitis, superior semicircular canal dehiscence, central disorders affecting balance disorders.
Depending on the diagnosis, we offer rehabilitation in vertigo to improve patient’s functioning (the processes of compensation and habituation).
We carry out specialized inhalations of the upper respiratory tract to treat ear, sinus and larynx diseases – especially useful in the treatment of eustachian tube dysfunction, otitis media with effusion, adhesive processes in the middle ear, sinusitis and upper respiratory tract infections.
Inhalations are carried out with the help of:
- AMSA inhaler (automatic pressure-pulsed inhaler producing vibro-aerosol) – particularly helpful in the treatment of eustachian tube dysfunction and otitis media with effusion,
- an ultrasonic inhaler with or without a pulse adapter producing vibro-aerosol or aerosol from medicine solutions.
The Center of Hearing and Speech Medincus in Kajetany provides full diagnostics, cochlear, middle ear and bone conduction implant surgeries.
The Center of Hearing and Speech Medincus provide comprehensive care to patients with hearing impairments. Among the leading services of our Center are hearing implant surgeries, comprehensive diagnostics before the surgery and professional rehabilitation after.
We perform the following hearing implant surgeries:
- cochlear implants,
- middle ear implants,
- bone conduction implants.
We select and fit various systems and types of implants. We have an individual approach to each patient depending on the anatomy and physiology of the ear, the results of audiological tests and examinations. We offer modern devices from leading manufacturers: Advanced Bionics, Cochlear, Medel, Oticon.
The cost of cochlear implantation in The Center of Hearing and Speech Medincus includes:
- preparation before the surgery, specialized consultations, hearing tests, radiological examinations (MRI, CT),
- standard number of days of hospitalization in the Clinic required for a specific procedure,
- accommodation with full board in the hotel on the premises of our Clinic before and after the surgery (for the patient and two accompanying persons),
- high quality medical materials (including implants and speech processors),
- one-year rehabilitation course (hearing implant fittings).
Our main goal is to minimize communication problems and disorders caused by hearing loss through selecting the appropriate hearing implant as well as necessary treatment.
Years of experience, clinical and scientific activities as well as contacts with all major national, European and American clinics, allow our Center to provide patients with the highest standard of medical services.
Auditory rehabilitation after hearing implant surgery is a long-term process. All this time the patient is under the supervision of an interdisciplinary team of specialists of The Center of Hearing and Speech Medincus, such as psychologists, pedagogues, speech therapists and clinical engineers. The supervision includes: assistance of specialists within medical rehabilitation, speech processor fittings and monitoring of the implant parameters.
The therapeutic process consists of several stages. The first stage is initial fitting of the speech processor. One month after the initial fitting the patient comes to a follow-up consultation. Subsequent consultations are planned individually by the clinical engineer. During these consultations stimulation parameters are changed according to the potential of the auditory nerve and levels of the auditory pathway.
Speech processor fitting
Based on the results of examinations (telemetry, auditory nerve action potential, cross-checking, determining volume increase function) the clinical engineer fits the processor. Using a computer connected to the processor the engineer programs the internal memory of the processor so that it replaces environmental sounds with electrical impulses that will be perfectly matched to the auditory nerve and auditory pathway potential. The fitting process of each patient is individual.
It is very important that the processor is fitted by a specialist with extensive experience who (based on the examination results analysis) can evaluate the performance of auditory analyzer during electrical stimulation. During such an assessment a specialist can also determine a small percentage of patients who for various reasons have poor auditory rehabilitation. At each stage we adhere to the so-called red flag system. If there is a suspicion of any deviation from the norm we pay special attention to such a patient. we refer them to additional examinations, e.g. CT, which allows us to evaluate the position of the cochlear implant electrode array in the inner ear.
Telefitting – remote fitting of cochlear implant systems – allows us to extend the treatment options for patients with hearing impairments.
Telefitting allows patients who were implanted in our Clinic in Kajetany or other clinics to undergo a remote auditory rehabilitation.
Thanks to the telefitting system remote consultations do not differ from onsite consultations, except that the patient and the doctor see each other on the screen. Using the best time-tested remote methods of fitting and rehabilitation gives certain benefits – saving time and money for patients, as well as a better time management for medical staff.
Telefitting is safe, reliable and is fully accepted by both patients and specialists. The parameters of electrical stimulation obtained during telefitting do not differ from the parameters obtained during traditional fitting with the patient’s presence. Due to this system the doctor receives a new and very effective tool that allows them to control what has already been done for the treatment and further rehabilitation of the patient.
Official representative of MED-EL
The Center of Hearing and Speech Medincus is official representative of the company MED-EL in Poland:
- Comprehensive service for patients with various types of speech processors
- Service (including under the warranty service)
- Sale and rental of speech processors, accessories and spare parts for processors
- Presentation of the latest solutions
Tel. +48 22 46 35 328
Mob. +48 667 303 330 (sms only)
The Center of Hearing and Speech MEDINCUS in Kajetany
Kajetany, Mokra 7
tel. / fax: +48 22 463 53 22
tel. +48 666 333 222
Monday – Friday: 8:00-18:00